Re: model file transfers

From: RoyJRATC@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 30 1999 - 15:55:22 EEST

In a message dated 6/30/99 3:37:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
PHarnett@btr-auto.aust.com writes:

<< We are looking at improving the way we transfer 3D model files between
 customers/suppliers and ourselves >>

Phil - When my customers want to send me 3D files for quoting I use Solid
View from Solid Concepts in Ca. My customers use a variety of platforms -
SDRC, ProE, AutoCAD (etc.) but I can read any of their IGS or STL files + a
host of other formats.

When I want to send these files out to quote to a vendor that doesn't have
Solid View (or a similar viewer) I use Solid Player (a function of Solid
View) to create a 3D file that any one with a PC can use. This software is
perfect for the non-CAD types out there & is an invaluable tool for sharing
3D data.

Roy Sheppard, Jr.
Atlantic Technical Components
269 Heather Lane