Re: Unigraphics, Observations

From: Paul Lasman (caddesign@sprynet.com)
Date: Thu Jun 24 1999 - 20:07:04 EEST

>I apologize, this is a CAD question.
>
>I'd like to hear from users of Unigraphics about how they like it. How
>flexible and intuitive is it? How robust, etc.,. How does it compare to
>Alias or Pro E.

Michael,

Don't apologize for asking a CAD question, if CAD wasn't part of the
equation there would be no R/P.

I have been using UG for over 17 years back when it was UGI. I have watched
it develop into what I consider to be superior product for the advanced
user as well as the novice. The methods used to create models ( variational
modeling) gives the user so much flexibility that even the most complex
tasks can be accomplished.

I believe that the Alias product has some capabilities that enhance the
creation of forms that may not be easily defined as a numeric x,y,z type of
structure, this could be of some benefit for the person that wants to make
more creative models as opposed to more mechanical type parts.

As for Pro/E I will refrain from making comparisons or assessments as I
believe I am very biased toward UG and feel that UG can outperform Pro/E in
the simple or complex tasks.

Please do not take this as a personal attack on Pro/E, I have no time for a
debate.
CAD Design Advantage, Inc.
670 Silver Spur Rd., Suite 228
Rolling Hills Est., CA. 90274